Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s 15th Annual
Aligning Portfolio and Productivity with Corporate Strategy to Drive Innovation and Value
October 28-29, 2020
In a highly competitive and often uncertain drug development landscape, it is important for pharma, biotech, and device companies to evaluate their short- and long-term portfolio plans, including required inputs, desired outputs, and clearly defining
criteria to be used for decision making. Companies must make go/no-go decisions around projects, reduce risk, and accelerate product development timelines where feasible. Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s and the BioPharma Strategy Series’
th Annual Portfolio Management: Aligning Portfolio and Productivity with Corporate Strategy to Drive Innovation and Value attracts over 100 senior R&D executives from the pharma, biotech, device, IT, public, and government
communities who share best practices in project and portfolio management, R&D innovation, decision analysis, change management, forecasting, and the improvement of operational models. Effective portfolio management requires the alignment of portfolio
and productivity with corporate strategy, support of agile development, and effective incorporation of data analytics into planning.
We are looking for new case studies from pharma, biotech, medical device, government institutions, and sister industries (energy, IT, defense, consumer, telecom). Companies with mature and immature portfolios and with varying approaches and systems for
resource management are encouraged to share specific lessons with this enthusiastic community. We are looking for implementation stories and lessons learned. Co-presentations featuring speakers from different departments involved in the project are
Coverage will include, but is not limited to:
- Translating corporate and therapeutic strategy into asset strategy
- Achieving more effective and real-time portfolio management and resource allocation
- Use of Multi-Objective Analysis in portfolio management of early-stage projects
- Assessing your portfolio risk and return under multiple future scenario predictions
- Decision analytics and structured decision making
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, and predictive analytics to improve decision making
- Big Data and analytics for pharma: Enabling improved forecasting and decision making
- Integrating decision making, risk/reward management and business value into organizational thinking
- Diversification strategies in pharmaceutical portfolios
- Change management skills for driving change in portfolio decision making
- The interplay of portfolio management and project management
- Evaluating your portfolio process to enable enterprise business transformation
- Balancing internal R&D investments and resources with external collaborations
- Implementing project assessment, portfolio management, and governance processes
- Techniques to identify and eliminate programs that have a poor outlook (scientific or commercial)
- Measuring clinical innovation to inform R&D decisions: Disease prioritization and therapeutic area strategy
- Creating a governance body and corporate structure to enable agile decision making
- Developing a lean portfolio reporting process
- Data visualization and dashboards for decision support
- Alternative models of R&D funding: Which models should a company apply and in which situations?
- Translating lessons learned from other industries and government: What can pharma learn from and what can they teach other industries/institutions?
If you would like to submit a proposal to give a presentation at this meeting, please click here.
The deadline for priority consideration is April 10, 2020.
All proposals are subject to review by session chairpersons and/or the Scientific Advisory Committee to ensure the overall quality of the conference program. Additionally, as per Cambridge Healthtech Institute policy, a select number of vendors and consultants who provide products and services will be offered opportunities for podium presentation slots based on a variety of Corporate Sponsorships.
For more details on the conference, please contact:
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI)
Phone: (+1) 781-972-5404
For partnering and sponsorship information, please contact:
Senior Business Development Manager
Cambridge Healthtech Institute
Phone: (+1) 781-972-5458