Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s 18th Annual
Strategic Resource Management
Enhanced R&D Productivity, Forecasting and Planning
October 29-30, 2020
The ebb and flow of the drug development timeline presents huge challenges to the biopharma R&D community in terms of resource management, forecasting, and capacity planning. To manage the inherent risks of delays and product failure, companies must
develop efficient performance planning, intelligent outsourcing, and big data analytics to create and sustain strategic and flexible resource management systems. Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s and the BioPharma Strategy Series’ 18th
Strategic Resource Management: Enhanced R&D Productivity, Forecasting and Planning attracts over 100 senior R&D executives sharing best practices and new ideas on how to enhance R&D productivity, forecasting and planning
with important discussions on optimizing resource management, outsourcing, innovation, R&D, clinical capacity planning, forecasting, and business intelligence strategies.
We are looking for new case studies from pharma, biotech, medical device, government institutions, and sister industries (energy, IT, defense, consumer, telecom). Companies with mature and immature portfolios and with varying approaches and systems for
resource management are encouraged to share specific lessons with this enthusiastic community. We are looking for implementation stories and lessons learned. Co-presentations featuring speakers from different departments involved in the project are
Coverage will include, but is not limited to:
- Capacity planning in a resource-constrained environment
- Understanding the impact of partnerships and co-development deals on resource management
- Aligning portfolio and productivity with corporate strategy to drive strategic resource allocation
- What works best when incorporating a globalized workforce into capacity management: off-shoring, in-sourcing, in-out licensing, and risk-sharing
- Approaches for forecasting resource demand and understanding nominal demand, slippage, or technical risk that impact resource needs
- Demand governance and prioritization
- High-level resource forecasting: How to conduct due diligence and proper planning
- How predictive analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning can enable more effective decision making in resource planning
- Transforming R&D through innovative resourcing models
- Visualizing, managing, and monitoring resources: accepted variance levels, probabilities, and new opportunities
- Adaptive outsourcing modalities for improved resource management, development, and downstream clin ops
- Enabling strategic and tactical decision making through effective resource management
- Resource management as an organizational leader in the project management process
- Managing different expectations of level of detail, precision, and accuracy across multiple stakeholders (teams, functions, finance, etc.)
- Creative resource and project management methods for resourcing projects in small versus large organizations
- Intelligent outsourcing and external innovation: Effectively choosing which functions are no longer crucial to innovation and productivity and how to align resources to maximize innovation
- Translating lessons learned from other industries and government: What can pharma learn from and what can they teach other industries/institutions?
If you would like to submit a proposal to give a presentation at this meeting, please click here.
The deadline for priority consideration is April 10, 2020.
All proposals are subject to review by session chairpersons and/or the Scientific Advisory Committee to ensure the overall quality of the conference program. Additionally, as per Cambridge Healthtech Institute policy, a select number of vendors and consultants who provide products and services will be offered opportunities for podium presentation slots based on a variety of Corporate Sponsorships.
For more details on the conference, please contact:
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI)
Phone: (+1) 781-972-5404
For partnering and sponsorship information, please contact:
Senior Business Development Manager
Cambridge Healthtech Institute
Phone: (+1) 781-972-5458